Programming 1: Introduction to programming
- The concepts program and algorithm. Designing and testing small programs.
- Dividing program into smaller entities: functions. Passing parameters and return values.
- Control structures.
- Variables. Scope. Data types.
- Strings and lists.
- Basic operations of file handling.
- Good programming practices.
After successfully passing the course a student
- understands the basic concepts of programming (variables and control structures).
- knows how to divide a program into functions.
- understands how to use some basic data structure (lists and dictionaries).
- is able to combine basic data structures to create more complex nested structures.
- is capable to solve small programming problems.
- is familiar with good programming practices.
- understands the basic ideas of object oriented programming (class and object).
- has a knowledge of basic principles of programming graphical user interfaces.
The course has scheduled lectures, but can also be completed at your own pace. All material (lecture recordings, exercises) is available in Moodle. The course is organized online, except for the exam that needs to be done on campus. Please check with the teacher if the electronic exam is linked to a certain EXAM class before taking the exam.
To complete the course, the student must obtain enough points from exercises and pass an electronic exam.
More information in the Tampere University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
koodaus koodari devaus devaaja ohjelmointi alkeet
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications