Programming 1: Introduction to programming
- The concepts program and algorithm. Designing and testing small programs.
- Dividing program into smaller entities: functions. Passing parameters and return values.
- Control structures.
- Variables. Scope. Data types.
- Strings and lists.
- Basic operations of file handling.
- Good programming practices.
After successfully passing the course a student
- understands the basic concepts of programming (variables and control structures)
- knows how to divide a program into functions
- understands how to use some basic data structure (lists and dictionaries)
- is able to combine basic data structures to create more complex nested structures
- is capable to solve small programming problems
- is familiar with good programming practices
- understands the basic ideas of object oriented programming (class and object)
- has a knowledge of basic principles of programming graphical user interfaces
Please make sure with the teacher if the electronic exam is linked to a certain EXAM class before taking the exam.
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
koodaus koodari devaus devaaja ohjelmointi alkeet
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications