Software development skills: Front-end
This course aims to give students a chance to create unique projects with a hands-on approach. The course guides students to find their interest in software engineering skills and to help each student find their desired path in software developing in the future. There are also several other Software Development Skill courses available on different topics.
- Develop practical skills for software development
- Learn the best practices and approaches of software development
- Develop the skilled expected in industry to work as a software developer.
Available online in Moodle.
To participate on this course you need to know how to program, and you should also have taken a course on user interfaces, e.g. LUT course User Interfaces and Usability.
Self-study: Reading 14 h, practice work 20h, Project assignment 47 h, Totally 81 h.
Student must do the following to pass the course:
- Go through the given materials (series of videos) and provide a reflection in learning diary.
- Make a self-reflecting learning diary. (What did you learn, what problems you faced and how did you overcome them.)
- Create a similar project to the one that you’ve been provided with in the learning materials.
- Post everything in a Git repository and present the course work.
- Give feedback on the course (mandatory).
You can register for this course anytime and start doing this course as soon as the registration process is completed and you get a notification that you have been added to the course at LUT Moodle. Once you start working on the course, you can complete the course on your own pace during a 60 day period.
Assessment scale and assessment methods
Pass/Fail, Learning Diary 40 %, Final project 60 %
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
fronttidevaus UI user interface käyttöliittymät käyttöliittymäsuunnittelu käyttöliittymien suunnittelu ohjelmointi devaaja devaus koodaus koodari selainpuoli
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications
User interfaces and usability