Testing of software applications is an important activity of the software life-cycle, sometimes accounting for more than 50 % of the development effort. Throughout this course the students will be familiarised with the basic concepts, terminologies and techniques needed to conduct successful testing of software applications.
This course covers the many subjects such as testing process from requirements to deployment, test instrumentation and tools, developing test plans and managing the testing process. In addition, specialised topics like testing web applications, testing object-oriented software, and model-based testing will be discussed. Java-based testing languages and tools will be taught at the seminars for applying the concepts learned in practice.
Upon completion of this course, students will have the ability to:
- Apply testing at different levels of the software development process
- Use a wide variety of testing techniques in an effective and efficient manner
- Select the proper testing techniques based the on the characteristics of the system-under-test
- Evaluate test coverage and the efficiency of test suites
- Select and use the proper testing tool support
- Weeks 12–21: Tuesdays at 10–12, Thursdays at 10–12
- Student can choose to study the course online or attend the lectures. The exam is organised in Turku or Vaasa.
More information in Åbo Akademi’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
OBS! Du hittar den här kursen på ansökningsblanketten under namnet “Åbo Akademi: FITech-ICT kurser vår 2020”
NB! You will find this course under the name “Åbo Akademi: FITech ICT courses spring 2020” on the application form.
HUOM! Löydät kurssin hakulomakkeella valitsemalla hakukohteen “Åbo Akademi: FITech-ICT kurssit kevät 2020”
testaus, ohjelmistotestaus, laadunvarmistus, ohjelmointi, web-sovellukset
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications