Course topics include establishing a database, updating data and posing queries in SQL language, ER diagrams and conversion from an ER diagram into an SQL database (relational database) schema.
After completing the course, a student
- knows the basic concepts and structures of SQL databases (relational databases)
- knows the basic concepts and principles of ER modeling
- is able to model data using ER diagrams
- is able to convert ER diagrams into SQL database schemas
- is able to establish a database and update and retrieve the data in a database with the help of SQL language
More information in Tampere University’s study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
ohjelmointi, tietokannat, tietokanta
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications