Max amount of FITech students: 20
Persons without a valid study right at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences have preference to this course.
Mastering the prerequisite skills is very important in order to complete this course. Please list your preliminary knowledge in your application.
- geometric modelling
- visual simulation
- shading and lighting
- ray tracing
- the real-time graphics pipeline
- mathematical foundations of computer graphics
- Basic understanding of modern computer graphics as a whole (modeling, animation, rendering) and ability to implement a number of practical algorithms in C++
- Understanding of how the graphics processor (GPU) works
- Hands-on connection to significant applications through guest lectures
- Concrete uses for mathematics learned in earlier classes
Lectures (online) will be held on Mondays and Thursdays at 12:15-14:00. Exercise sessions (Otaniemi) will be held on Wednesdays at 14:15-16:00 and on Fridays at 12:15-14:00. The exam will be held in Otaniemi (29.10.2021 and 22.12.2021 at 9-12).
Programming assignments (70%), exam (25%), participation (5%).
More information on Aalto University’s course page.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
tietokone grafiikka geometrinen mallintaminen animointi renderöinti
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications