Software development skills: Full-stack
This course aims to give students a chance to create unique projects with a hands-on approach. The course guides students to find their interest in software engineering skills and to help each student find their desired path in software developing in the future. There are also several other Software Development Skill courses available on different topics.
The course gives the student basic understanding of full-stack development. The goal is to create a basic front- and back-end and bundle them together as a complete system.
The focus is to understand the bigger picture and how to bundle different software components together to create a working program. You will learn how to use MEAN-stack as a full stack tool bundle to create an app from scratch.
- Develop practical skills for software development
- Learn the best practices and approaches of software development
- Develop the skilled expected in industry to work as a software developer.
To participate in this course you need to know how to program, and you should have taken a course on user interfaces, object oriented programming, and databases. At LUT students have completed the following courses, so they or similar courses provide the required background for this course: User Interfaces and Usability, Ohjelmoinnin perusteet, Olio-ohjelmointi, and Basics of Database Systems.
Available online in Moodle
Self-study: Reading 14 h, practice work 20h, Project assignment 47 h, Totally 81 h.
You can register for this course anytime and start doing this course as soon as the registration process is completed and you get a notification that you have been added to the course at LUT Moodle. Once you start working on the course, you can complete the course on your own pace during a 60 day period.
Assessment scale and assessment methods
Student must do the following to pass the course:
- Go through the given materials (series of videos) and provide a reflection in learning diary.
- Make a self-reflecting learning diary. (What you did learn and do, what problems did you face and how did you overcome them.)
- Create a similar project to the one that you’ve been provided with in the learning materials.
- Post everything in a Git repository and present the course work.
- Give feedback on the course (mandatory)
Pass/Fail, Learning Diary 40%, Final project 60%
More information in the LUT University study guide.
You can get a digital badge after completing this course.
koodaus fullstack websovelluskehitys ohjelmointi devaaja devaus koodari
Further information about the studies
Contact person for applications