The application for spring courses starts on 7 November
Want to update your skills and learn something new next spring?
On the university courses offered through FITech, you are able to update and upgrade your skills free of charge. Society and the world of work are rapidly going digital, and FITech can help you keep up with the changes.
FITech’s courses are offered by Finnish universities of technology, which guarantees their high quality. You can start studying a new subject from the basics or go deeper into a subject you know better with intermediate or advanced level courses.
Next spring, more than 200 courses will be offered, covering a wide range of topics from ICT, 5G technology, energy storage and the hydrogen economy. 75% of the spring courses will be offered either as distance learning or as self-paced open online courses (e.g. MOOCs). There are also some courses that offer the possibility to attend contact teaching on the university campus.
The application period for spring courses starts on Tuesday 7 November and closes about two weeks before the start of each course. The first courses will start in January 2024.
Note! The application period for courses starting in January ends on 17.12.2023.
Find a suitable course from our wide range of studies
Below you will find a selection of the courses offered in the spring. Keep in mind that this list is only a small selection of the full range of courses on offer – so take your time to browse the listing and choose the courses that interest you most.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Introduction to artificial intelligence, apply by 13.2.
- Machine learning, apply by 17.12.
- Towards data mining, apply by 26.2.
Information security and cybersecurity
- Tietoturva, apply by 17.12.
- Cryptographic systems and their weaknesses, apply by 1.1.
- Privacy and social engineering, apply by 3.3.
- Cybersecurity, apply by 9.4.
- Introduction to cybersecurity, apply by 2.5.
Sustainability and the green transition
- Introduction to wind and solar energy technology, apply by 17.12.
- Elements of sustainable ICT, apply by 17.12.
- Digital ethics and sustainability, apply by16.2.
- Introduction to hydrogen economy, apply by 18.2.
- Battery recycling and ecosystems, apply by 26.2.
- Sustainable urban energy, apply by 26.2.
- Geology of components and sustainability, apply by 4.3.
Leadership, business and project management
- Service design, apply by 17.12.
- Teknologiainnovaatiot ja -liiketoiminta, apply by 17.12.
- Emerging technologies & ecosystems, apply by 17.12.
- Projektitoiminta, apply by 17.12.
- Advanced project-based management, apply by 17.12.
- Transnational entrepreneurial activities, apply by 6.3.
User interface and usability
- Introduction to UI, continuously on-going
- Käyttäjäkokemus (UX), apply by 17.12.
- Human-centered product development, apply by 17.12.
- Introduction to XR systems, apply by 4.2.
- Development of digital services, apply by 4.3.
- Tietoverkkotekniikat I, apply by 17.12.
- Basic course on communications engineering, apply by 17.12.
- Microservice architectures and serverless computing, apply by 12.2.
- Introduction to digital communication and 5G, apply by 2.5.